Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Fire Watch by RyanBuchanan


+View on black+ Walking back from Hidden Lake in the dark, we were greeted with a huge full moon rising from behind the mountains. To the naked eye, you could see the faint smoke plume over St. Mary’s from the forest fires we had been dealing with all week. After setting up a couple quick test shots, I realized that a full 30-second exposure revealed this incredible red glow from fires illuminating the smoke. Not exactly an ideal composition, but also not your everyday kind of scene, so I set up to where I could use the nice moonlight reflections that accentuated the flowing stream as my foreground. The smokey haze created a warmer moonlight than usual. This is one, 30-second exposure that I was able to pull a ton of detail out of the darkness and another exposure for the moon detail. This was a fitting conclusion to our fire-filled week and left me with a unique memory of our adventures here. Follow me: Website: ExposureScape.com Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1xFjc4v Twitter: @BuchananPhoto via 500px http://bit.ly/1L3Bt62

No comments:

Post a Comment