Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sahalie Sweepstakes by ramij


Sahalie Sweepstakes - Sahalie Falls, OR This past weekend Terence and I decided to do a quick road trip down to the Coastal California Redwoods, hitting Central Oregon on the way down and then back up through the coast on the way up. The weather wasn't cooperating so we decided to hit up some waterfalls in Central Oregon on the way back. Terence had never been to Sahalie Falls so I decided to show him some of the cool waterfalls that are often ignored due to nearby epic Proxy Falls. I also had something in mind. Last time I was here, I noticed the sweeping blue water that plunged beautifully into the McKenzie River. I wanted to access it so bad but it wasn't safe. On this morning, it looked like the water level might just be safe enough to access the spot I had previously hoped to reach. Standing here, my tripod was being crushed by the water on the left so I had to reenforce it while trying to wipe my lens from the spray between takes. As soon as I exposed a shot, I knew I had what I was looking for. I spent a while playing with slight variations to the composition, but ultimately decided on this one. Special thanks to Terence and Justin Poe for the critique that helped dial this one in. They are some of the best around! Thanks fellas. via 500px http://bit.ly/1Hx0JRP

No comments:

Post a Comment