Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Wahe Flow by MaxFoster


"Wahe Flow" – Wahe Falls on Moffett Creek, Columbia River Gorge, OR “Like” my photography page on Facebook:TheWorldExplored Purchase a print:Print Shop On my first full day in the Gorge area, I planned on hitting as many waterfalls as possible. I started with the easiest hikes in order to avoid the crowds, and was on trail at 5AM. By 3PM I had hiked to 7 different falls and was in need of a nap. Considering I only had a couple days in Oregon though, I decided to scratch the nap and head to Wahe. The hike itself is really a lot of fun if you have energy. In hindsight I should have started the day with this rather than ended with it. Getting to Wahe entails hiking gorge trail #400 and then hiking in the water of Moffett creek until you get to the falls. The nicest part of this hike is that I didn’t see another person the entire time, which is quite a contrast to some of the gorge hot spots. Round trip from the Elowah parking lot was about 4 hours and I was beat when I got back. Anyway, it was a jam packed day that was totally worth it! Tech: f11, ¼ sec, ISO 100, 16mm via 500px http://bit.ly/1COMupN

No comments:

Post a Comment