Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cascada Veinticinco de Mayo by ACWaddington


A waterfall on its own doesn’t usually impress me, but using one as the foreground to Patagonia’s most dramatic mountain gives you something to work on. I confess, I thought I knew Los Glaciers National Park but here on Arroyo del Salto I found a cascade that had totally escaped my attention. I found it on the 25th May, which is a public holiday in Argentina. I was resolved to keep coming back again and again to get it right, but I managed this on only my second visit, I particularly love the small details like the tip of Fitz Roy’s summit poking out through the clouds. I was very lucky to have the perfect water flow, exquisite light on the mountain and a balanced composition. You can be assured I will keep trying to re-shoot this scene; hopefully we’ll have some snow soon. I offer private guiding in Patagonia. Click this link for information.GUIDING I’m also co guiding a 2016 workshop with Erez Marom details here. EREZ MAROM via 500px http://bit.ly/1JfGd36

No comments:

Post a Comment