Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wayfarer by ThomasBrownPhotography


My buddy and myself recently went on a surfing / photo adventure down south to explore some interesting place’s and to surf some new surf breaks. The first day of the trip late in the afternoon we arrived at Dark Point Dunes, Just north of Hawksnest NSW. There had been quite server weather for the area 1 week prior to our arrival and it was very apparent that storms were still hanging around. We got a break in the rain right at sunset and we decided to go trekking over about 5-6 huge sand dunes to find some untouched areas to photograph. As soon as we got to a good spot to shoot, the weather seemed to be circling us and produced some very moody and interesting cloud formations. I asked my buddy to walk up over the ridge behind us to check what the weather was doing. He got to the top and yelled “ yeppp we better get going, a wall of water is headed our way” I finished getting my shots , chucked my gear into my new Vanguard Sedona 45 Camera bag and we started bolting back to the truck… We got about halfway back to the Land Cruiser and it caught up to us, even running at full pelt we couldn’t get away from this cloud front. Running through soft and very steep sand hills with a lot of heavy Medium Format gear and one very sturdy tripod sure gave me a workout. My lungs and airway burnt from the massive sprint back, and it completely exhausted me. We made it back and my gear was dry and untouched thanks to the quality Sedona 45 bag. This was the last shot I got before we had to run. Dark Point Sand Dunes, NSW Australia Focus stacked for Depth of Field. Pentax 645Z + DA25mm thomasbrownimages.com via 500px http://bit.ly/1QMbezF

No comments:

Post a Comment