Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Forlorn Gate by TedGore


The Forlorn Gate Well, it's been about 2 months since I last posted here as I've been off traveling doing what I love! While I was gone I found myself in Patagonia for a month, followed by two weeks running workshops in the Columbia River Gorge with TJ Thorne in Oregon(which were a fantastic time), followed by some down time in Hawaii, which I owed to my wife for letting me take off for 6 weeks without her! Anyway, plenty of images coming from those travels, but I wanted to get some older stuff out of the way first. Here is an image from some dramatic coastline in southern California I shot back in March as a storm cleared. Water rushed over the rocky foreground as cormorants kept me company. I love this sea stack as it resembles a crumbled section of a massive stone fortress wall. Multiple exposures were used to capture a wider angle of view along with various shutter speeds to capture elements in the scene. I want to bring some attention to a workshop my good friends Erin Babnik and Enrico Fossati are running this summer in the Italian Dolomites. I'm positive you could not find a better workshop being run in these relatively low-photographed, amazing mountains! It's an opportunity that can't be missed. Please check it out and get MORE INFORMATION HERE if you are interested! via 500px http://bit.ly/1fcGBYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment