Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Calm by PerriSchelat


This year Lake McDonald in Glacier NP, MT, froze over completely for the first time since 2007 and before that 1997. So it doesn't happen very frequently. The lowest temperature this past Winter was recorded in February at -22. I went to Glacier to see the frozen lake in March. I was hoping I'd find some open water so I could photograph Glacier's famous colorful rocks. I found some open water by a creek outlet. It would freeze over depending on how cold it got during the night. I arrived late at this location that I had scouted the day before. The sun rose at 7:30, but it took at least another hour for the sun to rise over the mountain range. The sky was cloudy and I waited through a snow shower and thunder. I really didn't think I'd get any nice light. Finally the mountain lit up for just a few minutes before the clouds moved in again. Weather really changes quickly in this mountain setting. via 500px http://bit.ly/1GeKzMk

No comments:

Post a Comment