Monday, March 2, 2015

Elemental by AaronKeigher



Elemental Kauai, Hawaii ___________________ Photography Portfolio: http://bit.ly/1DypHsf Photo Tours: www.caphototours.com ___________________ When my buddy who lives in Kauai told me that it is really hard to get a clean Milky Way shot on the island because of the constant cloud cover I didn’t totally believe him. however after a week on the Island I can see what he means. however, I lucked out one night and got some great clear skies and was able to get this shot. This shot was taken at Spouting Horn on the south side of the island. It is a geyser the spits up a tall shaft of water when the waves crash into the coast. There is also a small vent hole next to it that pushes out air and makes this Jurassic sound… really creepy at night. Anyway, my friend told me to ignore the big “Danger: Area Closed” signs and walk out on the rocks and right up to Spouting Horn instead of shooting it from the touristy overlook. He assured me that no one would bother me. Around halfway through shooting I saw a flashlight and the clear outline of a cop walking down the rocks to me. I started practicing my “No officer, I didn’t see the sign” speech that we have all given scores of times. Luckily he was really cool and just wanted to make sure I was safe and that a wave didn’t wash me out to sea. He actually enjoyed checking out my shots and then headed back up the rocks… Got luck on that one. I was sure I was going to end up getting a fine. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the shot. Please consider liking/favoriting the photo, leaving a comment or sharing it with your friends. Thanks! via 500px http://bit.ly/1BzKHlD

No comments:

Post a Comment