Friday, May 18, 2018

Belluno is a small town in the north east of Italy, surrounded by the Dolomites. It’s my hometown. I came back here after having spent a few years in London. Not too many, just enough to see my hometown so different compared to the place I had left for the city. Everything here has changed and I changed too so… old news I guess. The thing I miss the most about London is walking around without a destination. I’ve spent days discovering new places, looking for the smallest detail here and there. I tried to do the same here but it didn’t work out. It actually felt sad, I’m still not sure why. I had to do something to reunite with this place. I’ve spent 11 days forcing myself to document every angle of Belluno. I did this taking pictures of its walls with a small window open on something that represents my relationship with my hometown. This video documents this action. After all the hard work I am still having the same mixed feelings about this place and living here, but at least I’ve discovered that every wall, no matter how many we build, has a crack or a scratch. And this is a relief. ***** Directed by Emanuele Kabu Sound design by NoDolby (Michele Scariot) http://bit.ly/2KyXcWe Mixed and mastered by Marcello Batelli. With the help of Laura Pison and Cinema Italia Belluno. Filmed in Belluno (Italy) in April 2018. ***** 2018 http://bit.ly/2ITrmqg


via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment