Tuesday, May 10, 2016

EYES WIDE OPEN (2’30’’) These are just a few impressions of my trip in Bangladesh. (Dhaka-Gaibandha-Chittagong-Syhlet) I went there to shoot a documentary for the NGO Friendship http://bit.ly/1rSAY80 who supports communities mainly in the shifting nothern river islands, known as “Chars”. The documentary “Voice of Bangladesh" will coming soon ! What can I say about my trip ? In Bangladesh especially in the chars of Gaibandha, I rediscovered all the things I thought we had lost: the joy of life, the innocence, the simplicity, the human warmth, the authenticity, peace, space and freedom … or almost. It’s like I found back the human being. How did I feel during my trip? Sometimes I felt like Robinson Crusoe especially on the chars, sometimes like an adventurer, sometimes like a star making selfies with the local people, sometimes I felt like turning back in time, sometimes being on an other planet, sometimes being like in a dream, sometimes I was lost in translation and ….sometimes I missed my spaghettis. To resume, Bangladesh is a wonderful country … I have never met such franc, kind and hospital people like the Bengalis. And what great workers ! They made me often think of ants … I saw everywhere legs, hands and fingers of men, women, young and old … but also of kids … and that put some tears in my eyes. Yes, I will never forget all these beautiful and intense moments and faces. Now I am a rich man. This is also my first experience with the Sony A7s2. Entirely filmed handheld in 4K - exported in full hd. I used mostly Sony lens 16-35mm f4 and sometimes sony 35 mm f2.8. Presets Ciné 4. Miller Luts - Hyde Park Music arranged by Rem Perry Many thanks to Rem Perry (Composer, Producer and Arranger) http://bit.ly/24LQ7K1


via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment