Tuesday, March 14, 2017

In 2014, I entered the army and began two years of conscription in Singapore. Soon after, my then girlfriend left for London to further her education. While sense would dictate that we part ways given the circumstances, we decided to continue our relationship. Despite the challenges of long-distance, we found ourselves growing closer together as we navigated our new but separate phases of life through our only means of staying constantly connected - our mobile phones. Our devices became essential to the relationship; a vessel carrying our voices, and our presence. ‘Vessel’ is my first film since being released from the military. It reflects my anxieties, but also quietly celebrates the relationship I had. The film features Michał Huszcza from the Sundance 2016 winner, 'All These Sleepless Nights’, which was awarded 'Best Directing in World Cinema Documentary’.


via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment