Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Anatomy of Melancholy by DanielHerr


There is a melancholy that stems from greatness. (Nicolas Chamfort) Middle of May at the eastern side of Dettifoss waterfall. The conditions were crazy as usual when I am there. Extreme cold winds and spray from all sides. I was a little bit frustrated of the heavy light conditions but than I saw this amazing foreground of ice structures i never saw before. Temperatures changed a lot in the last days so the ice changed it`s surface too. In the beginning I wasn`t happy with the result so I did a lot to lead the view to the foreground. Than I dedected that fragile light from the right corner over the water to the ice. And the shadows of the canyon on the other side. It was a little bit surprising that a so called "second choice" picture became one of my favourites! via 500px http://bit.ly/1KvzyCn

No comments:

Post a Comment