Saturday, January 24, 2015

blue ice by Rodney_Trenchard



Firstly I would like to say a thanks to Ted Gore for helping me tighten this one up. Ted does Skype post production like most of the leading guys do now. I have spent time learning from all of them over years and let me tell you that they all have something new and unique that they can teach you and Ted is no exception. Anyway onto the image!! All us shooters from the land down under know this spot. It is the base of mount Cook and to me it is one of the most amazing and exhilarating places on earth. Imagine the roar of the glacial river and cracking of the ice.... the silence of the darkness being slowly filled by stunning moonlight. Then if you can get these things in your minds eye then you may have some perception of this place. There is a Aussie shooter who has been shooting these ice burgs for awhile now and for me he still has the strongest images ever produced from this spot. Kah Kit is a shooter I have admired for many years and I remember standing there thinking " I wonder if this is where Kah Kit stood"? Not because I wanted to copy him but because I was inspired by the presence of the shooters who have shoot here before me. I hope that in some small way I lived up to the class of photographers who make this place a regular stop. If you get the chance please visit Kah Kit Yoongs page and see what I am talking about. Please visit my website facebook via 500px http://bit.ly/1yOo3V9

No comments:

Post a Comment